Heavy Equipment Auctions – A place to find reasonable machinery?
Yes, heavy equipment auctions can be a great place to find reasonable heavy machinery, including cranes. Heavy equipment auctions bring together buyers and sellers in a competitive bidding environment, which can often result in lower prices compared to buying from a dealer or private seller.
Get your on-site equipment inspector for a fair fee
We have technicians available for all relevant auctions in the UK, Ireland and mainland Europe. At auctions it makes sense to work with shortened inspections at a more favourable price. You can eliminate the worst risks such as broken frames, worn engines or hydraulic systems without performance. Ask us for a quote. We will endeavour to support you.
Upcoming Machinery Auctions in UK and Europe
- RB Auction Dubai/UAE, 05.03.2024
- Euroauctions Leeds/UK, 06.03.2024
- RB Auction St. Aubin/FR, 06.03.2024
- RB Auction Ocana/Spain, 13.03.2024
- Euroauctions Dormagen/GER, 13.03.2024
- RB Auction Meppen/GER, 20.03.2024
- RB Auction Caorso/IT, 21.03.2024
- RB Auction St. Aubin sur Gaillon/FR, 26.03.2024
- RB Auction Maltby/UK, 27.03.2024
Mevas can have inspectors available to all those auctions and areas. On some we are on site anyway. To some we travel by request. For auction inspections we offer a specific type of inspection for lower cost. Ask today for your independent inspector.
Here are some key points to consider about heavy equipment auctions:
1. Competitive Bidding: Auctions create a competitive atmosphere where multiple buyers are vying for the same equipment. This competition can drive prices down, potentially offering you an opportunity to get machinery at a reasonable price.
2. Wide Selection: Auctions often feature a wide range of heavy equipment, including cranes of different types and sizes. You may find mobile cranes, crawler cranes, tower cranes, and other variations available for bidding. This variety gives you a better chance of finding the specific machinery you need.
3. Condition and Inspection: It’s important to carefully inspect the equipment before bidding. Most auctions provide an opportunity for potential buyers to inspect the machinery before the auction day. Take advantage of this and bring along a knowledgeable mechanic or operator to assess the condition of the lots you’re interested in. Understanding the equipment’s condition will help you determine its value and set your bidding limit accordingly.
4. Auction Formats: Auctions can be conducted in different formats, such as live on-site auctions or online auctions. Online auctions have become increasingly popular, offering the convenience of bidding from anywhere. Be sure to understand the auction format, bidding process, and any associated fees or buyer’s premiums before participating.
5. Research and Preparation: Before attending an auction, research the cranes or machines you are interested in to understand their market value, typical auction prices, and any specific details or features you require. This knowledge will help you make informed decisions during the bidding process and avoid overpaying.
Remember that while heavy equipment auctions can offer reasonable prices, it’s essential to do your due diligence, thoroughly inspect the machinery or send a reputable inspection company 😉 , and set a budget for bidding.